[cvsnt] release command not noticing updates

russo at albany.edu russo at albany.edu
Tue Sep 23 23:12:41 BST 2003

> >On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> > russo at albany.edu wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Tony,
> > > I actually edited the file. I tried several times from one PC, then moved
> > > to another and tried again using cvs95.exe which comes with TortoiseCVS
> > > (which is apparently a slightly older CVSNT client).
> > > Between these attempts I edited different files within the module...
> > > Are there any other files besides the history file on the server side
> > > which get modified during an update?
> > >
> > Are you on Win95?  I'm not sure whether it works on that...  it depends on
> > whether it handles timestamps in the same way.

Ok, I just tried from my linux box and it worked as expected. To me this
points to an issue with the cvsnt client. ??

$ cvs -d :pserver:user at 192.168.1.102:/Test release -d logparser/
M parslog.pl
You have [1] altered files in this repository.
Are you sure you want to release (and delete) directory `logparser/': n
** `release' aborted by user choice.
$

> Tried from both Win2k and Win98. TortoiseCVS supplies two executables
> dependining on which windows platform you're using.
> On my windows box I tried both the CVSNT 2.0.9 suppplied client and the
> cvs.exe supplied with TortoiseCVS.
>
> On my Win98 box (usually running linux) I used the cvs95.exe
> which TortoiseCVS uses on Win95/98 boxes.
>
> I just tried again:
> C:\__work\_work4_ITS_Web\CVS-sandbox>cvs -d %test% co logparser
> cvs server: Updating logparser
> U logparser/.hraccesses
> U logparser/parslog.pl
>
> [...
> I edit the comment section of parslog.pl and save the file.
> There's a two minute time difference in the timestamp (my editor makes
> the .bak version).
> 09/23/2003  05:48p               5,312 parslog.pl.bak
> 09/23/2003  05:52p               5,339 parslog.pl
> ...]
>
> C:\__work\_work4_ITS_Web\CVS-sandbox>cvs -d %test% release -d logparser
> Are you sure you want to release (and delete) directory `logparser': n
> ** `release' aborted by user choice.
>
> ?
> -Ryan

| Ryan Russo                       |