[cvsnt] taginfo ignoring exit status

Scott Ford sford at RJKTECH.com
Tue Sep 23 14:54:42 BST 2003

Try -1 for false. I wrote a script for taginfo a while back (see
archives I posted about it) and noticed that the taginfo script would
only fail if the script that is was calling returned -1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh at nodomain.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 7:03 AM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] taginfo ignoring exit status

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:46:13 +0200, Thorsten Lang
<thorsten.lang at technotrend.de> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>here is my little problem:
>
>I recently configured CVSNT to deny certain kinds of tags in the
repository
>- or that's what I thought. Sadly CVS doesn't really care about my
settings
>in taginfo and continues to tag files with just about anything.

I just tried with a taginfo of

ALL exit 1

and it successfully stopped tagging, so it's probably the return value
from the script.  Try putting some echo commands in the script so you
can tell what it's actually doing...  Also if you're on NT running the
.pl directly seems to have issues (perl bug I think) - invoking
perl.exe seems to be more reliable.