[cvsnt] Changing comments on old revisions

Samuel Neff sam at serndesign.com
Wed Sep 24 21:09:26 BST 2003

We've been using CVS for a few months now in our 3-developer team.
Previously we were not using any form of version control.

Turns out that I'm the only one actually entering comments when committing
changes.  I'll have to fix this through policy for future commits, but for
all previous commits, can someone help identify how we can fix our
repository history?  A few questions come to mind:

1.  How can I find out what lines of code changed for a particular revision
over the previous revision?  The only one I figured out was to get the
previous revision to local and then do a cvs diff on the revision I'm
inspecting.  This is pretty slow though.

2.  How can I update comments for a previous revision?

3.  Is there a way to get a list, by user, of all the revisions to all the
files so our developers can use it as a checklist?

4.  Is there any tool that will help us enter comments for all uncommented
revisions?

We're not doing any tagging or branching or anything fancy like that yet in
case that would affect things.

Thanks,

Sam