[cvsnt] Newbie Questions

Dustin Moore moored at pixelogix.com
Fri Sep 26 00:02:30 BST 2003

 I'm trying to run CVSNT on XP Pro. It's having trouble with the temp
directory when I try to import. If I do a standard import across sspi
it fails saying
cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory C:\CVS\temp/cvs-serv272: Permission denied

As far as I know the cvs server process impersonates my user which has
admin on the server so there should be any permission problems. I think
the problem is with the backslash going the wrong direction.

Second question: Is there any way to use sserver in WinCVS? I need secured
remote access from distant machines over TCP/IP and it sems to me that
sspi probably has lots of baggage like any good Microsoft Protocol. I'm
behind a firewall and it would be nice to open just a single port as
opposed to the whole lanmanager set.

Comment: Congrats on an excellent project. I've looked around for other
secure SCM systems. I don't have $3000 to drop on user licenses and
Subversion has far too many dependencies to be usable. CVSNT seems
perfect.