[cvsnt] WDSC (eclipse) repository prefix issue

Sally Elatta selatta at omniumworldwide.com
Mon Apr 12 20:25:49 BST 2004

I've read so many posts regarding this issue and seriously need some help
before I give up.
I installed cvsnt on a win 2000 machine and configured it first to use
repository prefix then read all about the issues with that and changed it to
use full paths. I can commit my changes but when another person makes
changes I cannot get their incoming or conflicting changes. I get the "error
fetching file revision" "an error has occurred processing file
'd:\cvs\cvsrepo\test'. this seems to be an old error that was fixed by
eliminating the repository prefix but I did that and I still have the error.
here's one of the posts regarding this error from the development team
stated the fix:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-vcm-home/do
cs/online/cvs_features2.0/cvs-faq.html#server_10

Please help if you can, someone out there must be doing what I'm doing and
trying to use cvsnt with windows 2000 so please let me know how you got it
to work, otherwise we'll have to use other alternatives and I know that cvs
works great with wdsc and I don't want to use the alternatives. I have WDSC
v5.1 installed which is based on eclipse 2.1.1.

thanks!!!!!

Sally