[cvsnt] Re: WDSC (eclipse) repository prefix issue

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Apr 13 20:06:48 BST 2004

Sally Elatta wrote:
> Thank you Tony & Rolf for your Reponses, I have cvsnt 2.0.34 and when I turn
> the repository prefix off I can't bring in other people's changes (or
> conflicts), when I turn it on, I get the nagging popup message that tells me
> I should disable the prefix and it won't let me synchronize. So let's assume
> I want to try using the unix fake option just to see if it works, how do I
> do that? Where is that option? If it's there by default then it's not

In the CVSNT control panel, under Advanced, check the 'Pretend to be a Unix
CVS version'.

> working or something is wrong. Also, when you mention a specific build
> number like 57h, how exactly to I get to that? I was looking at the old
> archives that have all the .zip and .exe files but they don't have a build
> number on them, just dates. Sorry if that was an elementary question!

The really old versions used to have build numbers and letters to denote minor
versions - 2.0.0 was the first to have a proper numbering system.  The
archives only go back to build 65 (Jan 2003) so you can imagine how old 57h is.