[cvsnt] Re: 2.0.38 strangeness

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Apr 18 15:51:06 BST 2004

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> When I install 2.0.38 on my server system, I can now do  cvs ls on BOTH
> of my repositories
> (it used to be that I couldn't do it on one of the two).
> NOW, however, I get very odd error messages when trying to update boost
> from sourceforge, to wit:
>
> C:\Projects\boost>cvs version
> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.38 (client/server)
> Server: Cannot access /CVSROOT/Boost/CVSROOT
> No such file or directory

Bizarre.  Certainly I have no problems checking out boost from here... which
I'd expect since I'm running bleeding edge code all the time.

D:\t\boost>cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.40 (Prerelease Apr 18 2004)
(Debug) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)

There must be something else going on, but I'm really not sure what to
suggest.  Network corruption perhaps, but the problems don't look like that to
me.