[cvsnt] Mirroring CVS Servers

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Wed Apr 21 21:21:06 BST 2004

> The network connections between divisions are somewhat
> unreliable, so we have been asked about the possibility
> of mirroring the CVS server at all three locations. Is
> this possible? Has anyone tried anything like this?

>From the list banter I have seen I understand mirroring servers is not
easy or actually all that desirable.  You can use compression on high
traffic operations to ease network usage (see the -z option) and most
actions can be safely put off if it happens the network isn't playing
nice at any particular moment.

I have not done this so my opinion is just that but mirroring over
troublesome networks would seem harder to me than a central
server/repository with stable, if somewhat behind, client sandboxes.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634