[cvsnt] Re: Authentication Methods

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Apr 25 04:01:01 BST 2004

Jason Glover wrote:
> As an example, I am trying to share my CVS repository with a partner working
> remotely.  So he'll be using the sserver protocol because he'll be
> connecting over the internet (and not via a VPN which would effectively put
> him on my domain).

You can use SSPI still even if not on the same domain / over the
internet.  Use :sspi:username at host:/repos then do a cvs login to
authenticate and you're in.

> I guess all the others are there for compatability reasons too.

Different protocols offer different compatibility and features (mostly
encryption).  I've been thinking that it's about time for someone to put
together a protocol selection and setup guide.  There are bits and
pieces spread around, but for new users it would be helpful.

Anyone interested in putting something together?  Is there something
like this already that I missed?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett