[cvsnt] Re: Exlusive Locks

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Fri Apr 23 13:09:16 BST 2004

I use Visual Studio *without* exclusive locks. Consider not using exclusive
locks, it usually turns out to be a better approach. Different people can
make changes to the same file, if the changes are separate then CVS can
merge them automatically for you. If the changes are not separate a conflict
is generated that you must resolve.

--
Kevin Agius

"Eberhard Mueller" <ebse.goose at web.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.41.1082713554.235.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hello,
> I have to search for a powerfull revision control system with integration
in Visual Studio ( this can be done with PushOk) But Can anybody tell me how
ist it possible to use exclusive Locks in the repsository. The CVSNT server
should act like i kown it from the normal rcs the file should be locked and
teh other user only can do unlock modify till the use tha has locked the
file check it back to repository an another user can check it out for
editing!!

> I have to use excusve locks with integration in Visual studio!!!
Concurrent Version don't work for me!!!!