[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Server on Linux using pserver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Apr 28 23:33:48 BST 2004

Michel Launier wrote:

> When attempting to login from WinCVS, I get an error message that the
> repository '/xxx/yyy' does not exist (but it is actually acessible
> localy).  The log file (/var/log/cvspserver) does not show any problem.
> # Repository definitions (0..n)
> #
> Repository0=/home/cvsrep
> #Repository1=/usr/local/cvs-other

Your repository is specified as /home/cvsrep not /xxx/yyy.  Check also that
you're running
the correct cvs binary and you're not using anything like a chroot (if you are
adjust the definitions accordingly).  Using the -t options on the command line
increases tracing verbosity (3 -t is maximum at the moment) and may give some
hints.

> I have tried with and without lunching the cvslockd deamon.  I have also
> tried to configure the user using 'cvs passwd ...' but it seems that I
> am not capable since I am not the administrator (though I am 'root' on
> Linux).

It's too much of a security risk to run the server side scripts as root, so
it's blocked from doing many actions (this is true also on 'standard' cvs).
You have to make your user a member of the cvsadmin group (specified in
src/options.h).

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917