[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Server on Linux using pserver

Michel Launier michel.launier at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 29 00:01:13 BST 2004

Thanks Tony,

When I wrote the repository '/xxx/yyy' I did meam ./home/cvsrep'.  Sorry
for the confusion.  I will make my cvs users part of the 'cvsadmin'
group (they are currently part of 'cvsgrp').

I was able to narrow down the problem to a difference in the
authentication procedure: the Linux CVS distribution seems to
authenticate using the  system authentication while CVSNT prefers the
newer PAM authentication.  As a matter of fact, my PAM authentication is
not configured on the Linux box !?!?!

For now, I disable the code in the server (server.c) that authenticate
with PAM and force it to autheneticate with the system authentication.
With this little modification, I am now able to access CVSNT on theLinux
box from WinCVS on XP.  I look look at configuring PAM later (for now
the development can continue).

Once more, thanks for your time,

Cheers,
...michel