[cvsnt] Re: Python scripts

Oliver Giesen giesen at lucatec.de
Thu Apr 29 10:18:55 BST 2004

Lillian,

I don't know if you were aware of this and posted in private on purpose
but unlike most other lists the CVSNT list requires you to manually
correct the adressee when you reply to list mail. Alternatively press
ReplyAll and remove the original sender (or simply use the NNTP relay:
Anyway, as I saw nothing especially private in this post, I'm forwarding
to the list again...

> Thanks for your answer. I was actually thinking about macros
> for WinCVS to encapsulate cvs commands.

...then you might have better asked this on the WinCvs/CvsGui list,
shouldn't you? ;) Look here for subscription details:

Once subscribed, you might prefer to access the list via Tony's
without Yahoo-subscription but for posting it's required).

> This could help automate delivery process by linking cvs
> commands (like
> automatically check out changed files since last release,

That one's really tricky, unless Tony backports the tag timestamps from
the development branch... <hint, hint />

> automatically generate a release note, ...)

Have you already looked at the various flavours of Build ChangeLog
macros?

Macros|CVS|Build ChangeLog
Macros|CVS|Build ChangeLog (advanced)...
Admin|Admin Macros|Build ChangeLog|for module...
Admin|Admin Macros|Build ChangeLog|from log dump file...

You could also suggest new macros that might potentially be useful to
other users as well via CvsGui's SF.net tracker:
 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=10072&atid=360072

Just assign the category as "Macros" and I will automatically get the
notification and see what I can do...

Hope this helps.

Oliver
------
In everybody's best interest, please do not post or CC technical
questions to me in private unless they are specifically about a
macro/product of mine that is NOT already bundled with WinCvs. I will
generally forward my replies to such posts to the CVSGUI list without
further notice.
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org