[cvsnt] Re: Limiting access to CVSROOT and some CVS commands...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 4 17:57:44 BST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:51:35 -0600, "Lehman, Curtis"
<CLehman at carrieraccess.com> wrote:

>I have been reading the news posts and tried following them to setup an
>admin file to limit access to CVSROOT. I am using 2.0.51 of CVSNT with the
>SSPI protocol for user login. How do I go about limiting access to CVSROOT
>and some cvs commands like import and remove?

You can set certain users to have read only access to the repository
(using the readers/writers files) and using ACLs do the same for
branches.

>Now no one was able to log in to CVS. They kept getting "cvs [login
>aborted]: no such user clehman in CVSROOT/passwd". Contrary to the commit
>above the line that states "# Set this to `no' if pserver shouldn't check
>system users/passwords" it looks like the system is trying to access passwd
>file which doesn't even exists. How can I get what I want done with the

?? If you set SystemAuth=No and have no passwd file you've removed all
users from the system, so of course you won't be able to log in...