[cvsnt] Substituded Keyword for certain label

Rodenbach, Tobias trodenbach at de.adit-jv.com
Wed Aug 11 10:29:10 BST 2004

Hi,

I am looking for a possibility to have some label related to a file
inserted into the file. The Label denotes a certain revision, e.g.
release_2.0

We use tags to manage these kind of revisions in the repository so the
most intuitive way to achieve this would be some keyword like $tags$
which inserts all tags that are on the current file. From what I have
read this is not possible. (As revision numbers are just some numbers,
$Revision$ of course does not help in this case)

I came up to another solution: I use

cvs admin -s<tag>:<tag>

and $State$ in the file. However, this is a CVS command which is not
mentioned in the CVS manual (but apparently working quite well with
CVSNT server and client). So, there are two questions:

1) Any better idea? ;)
2) Am I running risk of using a functionality that will be ommited some
day?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Tobias Rodenbach