[cvsnt] Re: Increasing release with "commit -r" fails

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Aug 12 13:15:20 BST 2004

Axel Eckenberger wrote:

> One last question on that
> subject is the feature not working by design or by error - just out of
> interest.

As far as I know it _is_ working. You just couldn't use zeros in the
second figure (i.e. forcing rev. 2.1 should work). Zeros in revision
numbers are internally used for the so-called "magic branch numbers"
(you should be able to look that up in the Cederqvist, too) and are
therefore syntactically forbidden. At least that's how I understood and
handled this so far.

Cheers,

--
Oliver