[cvsnt] Re: CVS Import

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Aug 12 15:15:09 BST 2004

Dan Pupek wrote:

> I attempted a second import (to get vendor changes in) on the same
> vendor branch (new version tag) and it failed  to pick up the new
> version tag and the changes.

What exactly do you mean by "failed to pick up the new version tag and
the changes"? What was the output of the import? What options did you
use (e.g. it's a fact that you couldn't use -C for an update import)?
What versions of CVSNT are you using at the client and/or server?

> When I do an import does it need to be from a working copy (with
> admin files) of the vendors source or (as I am doing) should it be a
> flat copy of the source.

Both works from my experience. Import automatically ignores the admin
files (instead of importing them).

Cheers,

--
Oliver