[cvsnt] Ignoring files with import and later removing them

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Aug 16 18:16:49 BST 2004

I used the following command:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs import -C -n -I
EditCaseWorkShafiSieg.pl -I test_component04.mdb -I test_component03.mdb -I
test_component02.mdb -I test_component01.mdb -I test_components02.ldb -m
"initial structure" CONVEX/cgi-bin vendor-tag start

I misspelled test_component*, damn! I also forgot about the emacs backup
files with the tildes.

So I typed

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs remove convex.pl.~1~
cvs server: file `convex.pl.~1~' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first

This seems to have worked according to "cvs ls -R". Why does it say " cvs
server: file `convex.pl.~1~' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first"? I want to keep the file! I just
don't want it in the repository. Is everything fine?

However, I'm having trouble getting rid of these Microsoft access files (see
below). I need to get them out of here because they are not text files and
most of them are redundant. I plan to move them to another directory anyway.
I get the same message when I try "cvs remove" but when I do the "cvs ls -R"
they persist!

Can anyone advise them on how to get them out of the repository?
   Thanks,
          Siegfried

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs remove
test_components01.mdb
cvs server: file `test_components01.mdb' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs remove
test_components02.mdb
cvs server: file `test_components02.mdb' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs remove
test_components03.mdb
cvs server: file `test_components03.mdb' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs remove
test_components04.mdb
cvs server: file `test_components04.mdb' still in working directory
cvs server: 1 file exists; remove it first