[cvsnt] Ignoring files with import and later removing them

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Mon Aug 16 18:39:28 BST 2004

Hi,

You need to actually remove the files or use the -f option to cvs remove.

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/Removing-files.html

<snip>
As a convenience you can remove the file and cvs remove it in one step,
by specifying the -f option.

$ cd test
$ cvs remove -f *.c
cvs remove: scheduling a.c for removal
cvs remove: scheduling b.c for removal
cvs remove: use 'cvs commit' to remove these files permanently
$ cvs ci -m "Removed unneeded files"
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Committing .
<snip>