FW: [cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `convex.pl'

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Tue Aug 17 21:41:16 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle
>Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:21 PM
>To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
>Subject: Re: FW: [cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for
`convex.pl'

>Siegfried Heintze wrote:
>
>>>C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs import -C -n -I
>>>EditCaseWorkShafiSieg.pl -I test_component04.mdb -I test_component03.mdb
-I
>>>test_component02.mdb -I test_component01.mdb -I test_components02.ldb -m
>>>"initial structure" CONVEX/cgi-bin vendor-tag start
>
>That's a strange import.  You've tried to create a module called
>CONVEX/cgi-bin, presumably in a directory that already has CVS control

"Already has cvs control files"? No. I just want to create put cgi-bin under
version control.

>files (since you haven't specifed a subdirectory).

"have not specified a subdirectory"? Htdocs is the subdirectory. What should
I have done?

The import command looked like it worked. Everything looks fine when I do
cvs ls -R too.

What should I do now? What is the ramification of deleting cgi-bin from the
repository so I can start over.

>I'm not even sure
>what is supposed to happen in that case (there are others on the list
>who use some of the more complex forms of import & will know better... I
>tend to just use it once and forget about it).
>
>I'm guessing it'll create the module as a pair of subdirectories of the
>existing module, but I'd have to check that.

Module pair? I guess so. Here is what I get when I try to add:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin>cvs add case.pm
cvs [server aborted]: Directory /CONVEX/CONVEX/cgi-bin/cgi-bin does not
exist on
 the server

Oh -- I see. Hmmm.. Instead of on "CONVEX/cgi-bin", should I have put "."?
Or perhaps I should have said

Cd ..
cvs import -C -n -I *.mdb cgi-bin

Which one is correct?