[cvsnt] Re: rtag and modules2

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Wed Aug 18 15:14:42 BST 2004

Tony,

I somehow missed your reply and so I sent a couple more messages to the list regarding this problem.  When I got no reponse I searched the archives and found this reply.

>Warren, Erik wrote:
> > cvs [rtag aborted]: Error communicating with lock server (send)
> That means something's corrupting your TCP/IP communication.

I hesitate to ask because I don't want to sound insulting when in fact I have only the greatest admiration for your work and for your tireless efforts to make CVSNT simply the BEST.
That said, When I downgrade the server to 2.0.34 everything works perfectly including all rtag operations.  Have you confirmed that you can perform an rtag on a module containing two ampersand modules with 2.0.51a or subsequent?  This problem cropped up for us over a week ago and we have experienced no problems at all other than the rtag problem which occurs with 2.0.51a and 2.0.51c but not 2.0.34.
Regards,
Erik

Erik W. Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flt. Ops. Engineering