[cvsnt] Re: Request for testing: Case sensitive filesystem driver

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Aug 20 14:39:05 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> My testing hasn't broke it yet, but if/when it goes I expect it to go
> spectacularly (bluescreen, the whole works...)

You should also suggest that people do this testing on a completely
unimportant filesystem (i.e. not containing any files they intend to
ever access again), since they could get stuck with this:

	http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246026

Yes, NTFS supports case sensitive handling, but NO, there isn't anything
in Windows that uses it, and lots of things that go out of their way to
do it wrong.

YMMV

John