[cvsnt] Multiple repository or Multiple module in single repository

abhishek jaiswal abhi658606 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 13:18:23 BST 2004

Hello friends

I have installed cvsnt server on a machine

Now as we know we can create multiple repository on a single server.
Also a single repository can be used to manage multiple projects at a
time.

Now my question is which of the following option is preferable and
why?
1) To make a single repository and keep multiple projects in it in an
organised manner
2) To have several repository and each repository should contain only
one project

I am looking for evaluation in terms of ease of security setting,
user operability, efficiency of server-client communication etc

For e.g.
If we consider moving of the project from one server to another
server then insuch case, 2nd option is preferrable as one has to just
cut the repository form one place and paste it at the desired
location and set security options. However in the 1st case, one has
to be catious regarding not disturbing the other project that reside
in the same repository

Similarly 1st case reduces client operability as he does not have to
change login for accessing different project

hence please help me through your experience to choose the right kind
of setting on the server.

Thank you
Abhishek