[cvsnt] webdevelopment with cvsnt - a bit lost

Marlon van den Berg marlon.vandenberg at molding.fico.nl
Tue Aug 31 13:22:04 BST 2004

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004 1:51 PM, Wojciech Jukowski wrote:
> So far I got an idea: developer does a "cvs commit" to export
> file on a
> devel site and "cvs tag" to publish a file. First part is easy - a
> postcommit. Seconds still is a bit problematic for me -- how
> to check if
> a tag was added? I tried 'cvs history -xT -a test.txt' but i get "No
> records selected." :(

With CVSROOT\taginfo you can define some scripts (or applications) that will
fire as soon as someone tries to hang a tag on a revision. The module, tag
and a revision list are past to the script on the command line. These info
can be used for logging/notification or to verify if the tag is valid in
relation to the module and revisions in the list.

Regards,
Marlon