[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Dec 1 00:32:16 GMT 2004

> >The fish symbol for CVS. I have a german Windows and in German it's
> >called "Systemsteuerung". AFAIK this is the "Control Panel" in english
> >Windows...
> >
> But if you click the fish in Control panel then the CVSNT
> configuration application starts...
> And it displays the version like you said.
> Do you get another version if you start the control panel applet than
> if you start something else?

My guess is that for some reason there's two copies of the cvsnt.cpl on
Andreas' machine. One in the CVSNT program folder and one in System32 and
the one from the program folder appears to be linked from the Start menu,
while the one in System32 will automatically be the one that appears in
Control panel. Maybe the newer installer puts it into the program folder but
did not remove the old one from System32...

On my machine (installed 2.0.51d), the shortcut in the Start menu still
refers to System32 and that's where the file actually is as well...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org