[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 1 06:47:36 GMT 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:32:16 +0100, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>My guess is that for some reason there's two copies of the cvsnt.cpl on
>Andreas' machine. One in the CVSNT program folder and one in System32 and
>the one from the program folder appears to be linked from the Start menu,
>while the one in System32 will automatically be the one that appears in
>Control panel. Maybe the newer installer puts it into the program folder but
>did not remove the old one from System32...
>
>On my machine (installed 2.0.51d), the shortcut in the Start menu still
>refers to System32 and that's where the file actually is as well...

I did an update on my test PC to 2.0.58d a couple of days ago. But
since I have been reading about Tony switching to an MSI installer I
first uninstalled the old 2.0.41 I had.
Then when I installed 2.0.58d I found that the installer is still
InnoSetup and my control panel app is reporting the correct version.
But now I had a look inside the cvsnt program folder and I found
another cvsnt.cpl file there that has probably been there a while (not
removed by uninstall). This one is 2.0.8 for some unknown reason...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)