[cvsnt] remove command

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Fri Dec 3 15:04:56 GMT 2004

> When I execute "cvs remove -f " command, CVSNT
> deletes all the files(including files in
> subfolder ), but does not delete the folder.

Folders are not deleted in CVS(NT) the same way files are; the lack of
any contents implies the folder is not needed.

By default CVS(NT) gets all folders.  To prune empty directories you
need to give the -P option to checkout and update.  If you checkout and
prune folders subsequent normal updates (without -P) will ignore those
empty folders.

To get a folder created use update -d.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski