[cvsnt] Difference between CVS and VSS history

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Mon Dec 6 15:10:30 GMT 2004

> Is it possible to get the history information of a file
> from CVS  something  similar to VSS - show history?

Not natively.

However, there are several scripts out there that reformat cvs log
output into different formats.  Search sourceforge.net and freshmeat.net
and you will see several.  cvs2cl.pl is one script that creates GNU
style change logs which might be close to what you want -
http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/

I do not know of a script that mimics VSS output but I could certainly
be missing it.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation