[cvsnt] CVSNT Performance Server/Client installed locally

Paul Kramer kramicus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 20:22:33 GMT 2004

Greeetings -- I've just installed CVSNT 2.0.58d (client/server) on a Mandrake 10 system. I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 7000 w/128 mb of memory.

Running a simple cvs checkout CVSROOT is very slow, much slower that CVS 1.12.x. I spent about 30 minutes poking around the wiki archives and could not find anything that helps me understand the reason for the performance hit...

Any pointers to things I can read about performance would be gratefully appreciated.

Anything I can do on my end to improve performance?

Anything I need to know about the cvslockd, that may be impacting perf?

Regards,
Paul