[cvsnt] TortoiseCVS checkout at desktop

Lu Sun lsun91125 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 16:08:56 GMT 2004

Hi,

I installed CVSNT 2.0.58d without server options on a
window XP machine which is in the same domain as the
CVSNT server. I also installed TortoiseCVS on the
client.

On the client, when I right click on the desktop and
chose Tortoise "CVS Checkout", a minimized window
titled "TortoiseCVS - Checkout Module" showed up, but
the real window for me to enter info is nowhere.

I tried the same thing in other folders (C:\test,
...\Desktop\test), Tortoise CVS works just fine. I
also did a checkout at Desktop in the command window,
I can checkout files without a problem.

This is quite puzzling. What is preventing Tortoise
"CVS Checkout" from popping the window out at the
desktop? User is not a CVSadmin? CVSNT installation is
without server component? ... Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Lu