[cvsnt] Re: Possible to build InnoSetup installation using downloaded binaries?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 8 22:04:41 GMT 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Right now I have everything except these two files:
> secur32_w98.dll (which I really don't think I need...)
> posixdir.sys (what is this used for and can I cope without it?)

secur32_w98.dll is just the Win9x version of secur32.dll.

If it's missing you can even pull it out of the msi using orca if you're
desparate...

posixdir is the old case sensitivity driver (which didn't work to well
anyway) - the new one is built using the IFS kit and is pretty solid...
however due to the cost of development + the source licenses I can't
make it opensource really - I'm working out how best to handle that (eg.
if it was a 10$ download would >200 people download it?).

> I commented out these two files, adjusted the source dirs and ran the
> Innosetup script and it produced the installer that I used for my
> 2.0.62.1810 upgrade. Seems to work OK :-)

OK.  Feel free to host your version somewhere & stick the link on the
download page (IIRC you have edit rights).  (It would be nice if you can
do it in a way you can keep download stats... the marketing types like
to have numbers to play with... no problem really if you can't though).