[cvsnt] Re: Possible to build InnoSetup installation using downloaded binaries?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 8 22:35:55 GMT 2004

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:04:41 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>secur32_w98.dll is just the Win9x version of secur32.dll.
I don't need that of course...

>posixdir is the old case sensitivity driver (which didn't work to well
>anyway) - the new one is built using the IFS kit and is pretty solid...
>however due to the cost of development + the source licenses I can't
>make it opensource really - I'm working out how best to handle that (eg.
>if it was a 10$ download would >200 people download it?).

Is it used by cvsnt in any way? I have installed 2.0.58d on my PC adn
according to the InnoSetup script it should have been deposited in
system32/drivers, but I cannot find it on my PC either. So I guess it
is not vital or only used for some obscure option thta I did not
install?

>OK.  Feel free to host your version somewhere & stick the link on the
>download page (IIRC you have edit rights).  (It would be nice if you can
>do it in a way you can keep download stats... the marketing types like
>to have numbers to play with... no problem really if you can't though).

Right now I have only a 10 Mb quota on my site at the ISP where I
publish the CVSMailer and ViewCvs setups and the InstallationTips. I
have almost used up all of that already...

I might be able to create a different site with a fresh 10 Mb disk
space using another of the 5 user accounts I have. If so then I can do
it and they also have a visit counter that could be used somehow. I
don't know how to count downloads though...
(I'm not a html guru so I don't know what can be done. I do have SSI
and not much more available there except they have packaged scripts
for people to use like the visit counter.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)