[cvsnt] Re: Repository on removable drive, used by servers different machines

mada no.spam at no.spam.org
Thu Dec 9 20:53:35 GMT 2004

After some experimentation, I now know that I can use cvsnt server in the
above scenario, where a server on each machine has a \CVSROOT repository
configured to X:\repos (see previous post), and therefore, given that the
removable drive is connected, all commits/updates on both machines are
performed on the repository on the removable drive.

Also, I found out that I can trick the sandbox on each of the machines to
additionally commit/update on a local repository, by editing the repository
\CVSROOT and setting it to a local directory instead of X:\repos. Then, to
reuse the repository on the removable drive, I reset the server's \CVSROOT
repository to X:\repos, commit, and go. A bit complicated, but works.

If there is a simpler way to use a sandbox with different repositories
please tell me.

Thanx all

news:cpabdj$nnh$1 at paris.nodomain.org...