[cvsnt] Re: Bug - Could not checkout module.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 15 18:05:43 GMT 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:36:22 -0800 (PST), Sri Harsha
<sriharshakkk at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have installed CVSNT, created a repository and
>checkout the modules files. I have edited the modules
>file to create the modules of my choice called
>"WeeklyReport" with one subdirectory. i saved the file
>and then when I am checking out the module with module
>name, its giving error
>
>The line I changed in the module file is
>
>WeeklyReport &EngStat
>
>D:\Harsha\Engene\Effort\CVSROOT>cvs checkout
>WeeklyReport
>cvs checkout: cannot find module `EngStat' - ignored
>

>I am using Windows2000 Professional.
>and CVSNT version is 2.0.58d.
>
>when I am reading the manual it says this is a problem
>with some "co" command in rcs files.
>
>A quick help in this regard would help me a lot.

If what you did is what you say then there is no wonder you don't get
anything out. THe modules file is just a "table of contents" for the
repository modules and it is maintained manually like you have done.
But you must actually have a module in the repository with that name
to do you any good....
Did you actually import any sourcefiles to the repository or was all
you did what you listed above?

Better read up on how CVS is working...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)