[cvsnt] Another Permision Denied Question

Stefan Baramov Stefan.Baramov at trx.com
Wed Dec 15 18:59:47 GMT 2004

Installed CVSNT 2.0.51d on Windows 2003 Standard Edition with the following settings:

Impersonation enabled - ON
Use local users for pserver authentication - OFF
Don't resolve client names - OFF
LockServer listens locally only - ON
Pretend to be a Unix CVS version - ON
Enable Rename - ON
Allow Trace - ON

Temporary Directory: D:\sdtools\cvsnt\Temp
CVSNT is installed in D:\sdtools\cvsnt

My problem is that the regular check out will fail sometimes with the following error message:

	cvs [server aborted]: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: Permission denied

preceeded by many :

	cvs server: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: Permission denied

The cvs command looks like this:

	cvs -d:pserver:myuser:mypwd at mysrv.mydomain.com:/cvs-db/myproject checkout foo

where myuser/mypwd is a WinNT domain user. Usually the checkout goes just fine but only sometime it will fail with the above message. My repository has a dozen of modules and thousands of files. Usually takes about 6-7 min to checkout all modules. But this error may happen even if I check out a single module.

I've read all FAQ on CVSNT Wiki site and browsed through the CVSNT reference guide. Googled as well. I found the "SetAcl" document (http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl) and follow the instruction for setting up the Temp directory of CVS on the sever side. Now everyone has full contol on the temp directory. But still the problem persists. To checkout files I usually use the pserver protocol but I tried with sspi with the same result. Funny enought the checkout will succeed from time to time.

I would really apreciate any help of hint to solve the problem.

Stefan Baramov
Software Developer