[cvsnt] linux client for windows based cvs server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Dec 31 04:08:11 GMT 2004

Munib wrote:

> 1. can I use CVS for linux or have I to use only CVSNT for linux in the
> client systems.

You can use the cvshome version of CVS, but won't be able to take
advantage of some CVSNT-specific features.  CVSNT will run on *nix as
both server and client.

> 2. Is there any GUI client for linux OS.

Yes, but I don't know what it is.  I think there's a java front end that
works (I think it's for the cvshome version, not sure).  Check the wiki
documentation -- there might be a client there.

> [root at mail root]# cvs checkout testmodule
> Fatal error, aborting.
> munib: no such user
>     Kindly tell me where I am wrong.

Sounds pretty self-explanitory to me.  Make sure the user exists, and
that you're using proper syntax for the cvshome version of CVS (as you
stated you're using on that box) -- I'm not sure if the user:password is
legit for that, but I would think it is OK.

--
Glen Starrett