[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Phil Richards news at derived-software.ltd.uk
Mon Feb 2 19:45:39 GMT 2004

On 2004-02-02, Harrison, Andrew <andy.harrison at anite.com> wrote:
>  Cool, I guess that was prompted by my questions last week? There was some
>  concern then that this patch "might break things". Can I ask what things
>  might get broken and how they would break?

Nothing *should* be broken, but just keep an eye on merges back and forth
between branch and mainline.  It works in all the cases I've tested, but
there are possibly edge cases I haven't tested (deleted, resurrected file
in various combinations).

> Also, how does this patch handle the mergepoints?

The server detects whether merging the branch and mainline results in
no change to the file.  If there is no difference, no mergepoint is
stored on the client side.  If there was a difference, and the client
backs it out, the mergepoint will have been stored, and a null delta
will (correctly) be commited.

Or something like that.

phil
--