[cvsnt] Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication scheme

Bjørn Toft Madsen lists at sunbeam60.net
Tue Feb 3 21:08:39 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I tried installing CVSNT a couple of months ago, but ended up leaving it as
the project used P4 instead. Now, however, I do need CVSNT and I end up
getting the same error that I had earlier.

I have been searching in vain for an answer, but only found fragments.

I use sspi. Have added a local user, cvsbjorn, set the right permission and
logged in (to Windows) as cvsbjorn. It is my impression than when using
sspi, I do not need to log in to CVS, since the idea about sspi is that my
Windows login is reused.

When logged in to Windows as cvsbjorn, the command:
Cvs ls -l -R

Produces
cvs [ls aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an
auth
entication scheme (got '')

All other valid CVS commands produces the same error.

Can anyone explain this error message in n00bish?
Does anyone have any pointers regarding how I _do_ authenticate?

Thanks a bunch for any help you can provide

Best regards
Bjørn

-- (this signature is automatically attached to all my emails)
Please see http://www.sunbeam60.net/email for information about this email.