[cvsnt] (r)log with multiple -r options...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 22:39:26 GMT 2004

As recently discussed on the CVSGUI list...

It seems that doing a log with more than one -r option actually produces
sensible results (in a way) - which in itself is not necessarily something I
would have expected, but now that I know about it, I'd like to ask if it
could perhaps be tweaked a little... ;)

AFAICT what happens now is that the result sets of the individual -r options
(possibly -d as well?) are combined in the manner of a union. Would it be
possible to (optionally of course) present the intersection of the
individual result sets instead? IOW: Where now Log returns all
files/revisions that match /any/ of the filter criteria, I'd like to have an
option to get only those files/revisions that match *all* of them. Feasible?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org