[cvsnt] New version of the ViewCvs installer for Windows

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 3 23:45:17 GMT 2004

There were a few bugs in the installer that have been fixed:
1) Could only install if Python 2.2 was available.
   Now detects 2.3 - 2.2 - 2.1 and then gives up.
2) Bombed if the permission setting checkbox was checked.
   Typo in the Innosetup code {tmp} was written as {temp}....

These issues are fixed in the version now posted on my website.
But there is now a different issue and I need some help with this:

For some reason it now works well ONLY with Apache! After installing
to IIS, apparently without problems, the result when browsing for
ViewCvs is a permission denied page (error 403).
I can't for the life of me understand what has happened since this
worked fine before and I have not changed anything IIS specific.
At least on my XP-Pro machine with IIS 5.1 I get the 403 error.
My latest working installations with the old installer was on W2000
Server machines and the install was done about mid-fall 2003.
After this I have of course applied various MS Security patches to all
of my PC:s. Could this have degraded the permissions such that ViewCvs
can no longer be installed as simply as before?
Don't know the answer as yet.

Anyone is welcome with hints....

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)