[cvsnt] metadata in CVS

Aditya Gandhi agandhi at sapient.com
Wed Feb 4 03:25:20 GMT 2004

Hi Keith,
Thanks a lot for your inputs on both my mails
Just a clarification on the metadata front...
Actually the requirement is to get a version history (log) of all the
files that are of a particular type (PLAN). Further the version history
should be about all activity that happens on these PLAN files after a
baseline (or say between two baselines).
Say for example I have there PLAN docs in my project. All have been
tagged to be of type 'PLAN'. At end of design I update the plan for
implementation and then baseline it (which in itself is a tag). Then I
need to track all the changes (version history) of all these plan docs
after the baseline.
Therefore, just using the cvs log -SN -rPLAN <module name> will not work
here.
Will get back to you and the group if I need some help on ViewCVS.
Once again thanks for your comments
- Aditya Gandhi