[cvsnt] Can't authenticate-server and client cannot agree on authentication scheme(got')

Vinicius Diniz viniciusdiniz at ackd.com
Wed Feb 4 22:44:36 GMT 2004

Hi, i have seen many question about this error, but i read all and it
didn't solve my problem. Can anyone tell me all steps to configure CVSNT
using SSPI protocol in WINXP?

My user in WINXP is cvs_vsilva.
I set in protocol_map.ini, sspi=sspi_protocol.dll and all others =none, in
$CVSROOT/config i set SystemAuth=no, and in cvsnt configuration the only
option that is checked is "Impersonation enabled" and set too "Encryption"
to "Require Encryption". But if i execute the line command
c:\>cvs -x -d :sspi:cvs_vsilva at localhost:/c//dev/cvs login
produce
cvs [login aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree
on an authentication scheme (got '')

1. I installed the CVSNT in c:/dev/cvsnt
2. The version of cvsnt is 2.0.14
3. My repository is c:/dev/cvs
4. in $CVSROOT/config, the enviroment SystemAuth should be yes or no?
5. in procotol_map.ini, all other protocol should be none and
sspi=sspi_protocol.dll?

Finally, i want to know the changes that i have to do to configure and use
cvsnt. sorry, i don't speak english very well :)

Thanks