[cvsnt] gserver problems : status confirmation

Nick Partner nick at theendofmytether.com
Wed Feb 4 23:09:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

Trying to get gserver to work with cvsnt as I have to give some unix
clients access.  Looking through the archives I saw that there are quite
a few messages about problems with gserver giving errors like :

cvs [login aborted]: the :gserver: access method is not installed on
this system
cvs [update aborted]: GSSAPI authentication failed: The specified target
is unknown or unreachable

and a thread from July 03 implying that isn't under active development.
Is this still the case and if gserver is broken is there as suggested in
the July thread an older version of the dll's either mit or other that
works with the latest binaries?  Or is it just me that's having problems
which isn't entirely unknown to happen!

I have a clean install, of cvsnt 2.0.24 with gserver and sspi with
protocol.ini looking right, sspi works gserver gives one of the above
errors depending on whether gserver or mit gserver is used).  NOTE:  Get
these errors with both unix and cvsnt cvs binary

Any advice much appreciated

Nick