[cvsnt] NetGetAnyDCName vs NetGetDCName

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 5 14:13:53 GMT 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:14:25 +0100, "Mathieu Veurman"
<MVeurman at seagull.nl> wrote:

>"As long as you have a trust relationship, it'll work."
>
>That's the problem. We have a trust relationship, but it doesn't work.

Install the resource kit and try:

nltest /dctrust:<domain>

..which will verify the trust account.

The documentation (and a quick search of google) definately confirms
what I've seen to be true in the past - the correct way to resolve
trust accounts is to call NetGetAnyDCName.

With an Active Directory forest I should really be calling
DsGetDCName, but that has issues for NT4.