[cvsnt] Export of Repository

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Feb 6 10:40:00 GMT 2004

You should use this (in a batch file):

if EXIST Modules rmdir /s /q Modules
cvs -r export -r HEAD Modules

cvs export will never overwrite existing files so you have to remove
the old files first, for example by removing the directory itself as
I suggested above.

In our production build process we manage everything through batch
scripts that export files from CVS like you apparently are trying to
do. But our commands look like this (translated to your situation):

if EXIST ExportFolder rmdir /s /q ExportFolder
set CVSROOT=:sspi:cvs_setup:password at cvsserver:/Repo
cvs export -r HEAD -d ExportFolder ModuleToExport

We set the CVSROOT env variable once in the script because we have
many cvs commands inside the scripts.

/Bo