[cvsnt] Upgrade CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 57h) to latest CVSNT ?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Feb 9 12:38:51 GMT 2004

THe repository files (the sourcefiles your users put there)
should be fine.
If you have created special scripts in the CVSROOT directory
then you could be required to modify some of them since the call
syntax has changed somewhat.
THere might also be some issues concerning the authentication
since this is where a lot of code changes have gone. One notable
such item is that the newer releases of CVSNT
have stopped supporting the old :ntserver: connection protocol.
If you used that before then you need to switch
your users to SSPI instead. SSPI works like ntserver concerning
the way users are authenticated (via the
workstation login) but communicates with the server only through
pure TCP/IP on port 2401.
So SSPI is actually routable, which ntserver never was.

What you should do is this:
1) Uninstall the existing CVSNT
2) Download and install the latest CVSNT 2.0.something
3) Do your checks to see that all is OK.

If you want to revert then uninstall CVSNT again and then download
and install an "old" version of CVSNT but not quite as old as the
one you have now. For example an early 2.0.xxx.
This should bring you back to the old state.

Note that your installing and uninstalling CVSNT will not affect your
repository at all.
The repository files are treated as data by CVSNT and are never touched
by any install/uninstall.

/Bo