[cvsnt] Error in Connecting to The Server

Sastry D sastry.ds at four-soft.com
Mon Feb 9 14:44:25 GMT 2004

ResPected Sir,

   I am working on CVS Server(2.0.14) and Win CVS (1.3.14) ,  I am facing problems with the following two scenarios.

 Problem 1 :

 1)   I have Configured  an old CVS ( With older Version ) and New CVS with the above version on my system in different Paths.
2)  I have given A new port for the new version (2401 for CVS Port and 2402 for Lock Server)
3) I have given A port number (2403 for CVS server  and 2404 for lock server ) for older Version of CVS .

4) Then I have access the  CVS server by configuring the pserver in clinet ( By setting the port number of the  pserver as 2401) .
5) I have accessed the Server successfully.

Problem Zone.

6) Then I have accessed the older Server of CVS by configuring the Pserver Settings  with the port  2403.

7) I  am trying to connect to the CVS(old)  Server with the above port .

8) I am getting the follwoing error .
 " cvs [login aborted]: connect to fs-sys-111(fs-sys-111.four-soft.com):2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. "

This shows that still it is accessing the old port.
Could you please Tell the solution for this probelm.

Probelm 2 :

 Can i run two  CVS Servers on the SAme machine with different ports.

 Thanks
Sastry D