[cvsnt] Re: Will the RCS file shrink if revisions are deleted??

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Feb 9 22:47:20 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Bo--probably not an option, but if performance is a key factory for you
> on your CVS server, I can attest to the fact that a Linux box is
> multiple times faster than my XP box is on file operations (e.g. copying
> big files, on nearly identical machines)--and CVS would be
> correspondingly faster.  I realize changing server OS involves much more
> than 1 benchmark* but it's something to consider.

Yes, annoying isn't it...

I was looking at sharepoint today and that seems to be able to throw
around documents at reasonable speeds (of course it's really primitive
compared to a true version control system so may not be doing much
else).  There's probably a way of speeding it up somehow.  Something to
throw into the mix for the rewrite I guess.