[cvsnt] Why is permission denied for commit?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Feb 10 14:47:35 GMT 2004

I suddenly got this message while committing a changed PDF file in a module containing just two files, the doc and the pdf.

cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file D:/CVS/adm/MachineDlls/Builders/CTLegacyBuilder/doc/,ASD90-SigmaBatchProcessing_CTEDM.pdf, to D:/CVS/adm/MachineDlls/Builders/CTLegacyBuilder/doc/ASD90-SigmaBatchProcessing_CTEDM.pdf,v: Permission denied

Both files were changed and the doc file committed OK, but not the PDF.
I am the administrator of the CVS server so I don't think that there is any real permission problems anywhere.

What can cause this problem in a single file?
Where do i start looking for the permission problem?

cvs ver
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.11 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.11 (client/server)

And I use the lockserver on this CVSNT server...

Best regards,

Bo Berglund