[cvsnt] Creating a macro to find modified/ added/ deleted files after a baseline

Aditya Gandhi agandhi at sapient.com
Tue Feb 10 15:49:53 GMT 2004

  Hi all,
  I am trying to write a macro in WinCvs that can give me log details of
files that
  have been
  1. modified
  2. added
  3. deleted
  since a baseline

  For this what I am trying to do is the following.. can you all please
  confirm the algo
  Assumption.. all the available files in the folder being queried were
  baselined

  Execute cvs log -rBaseline1:

  Then parse the output...
  Now here
  1. If for a particular file the number of selected revisions = 1 then
the
  file has not changed since the baseline... therefore ignore it
  2. If the number of selected revisions is 0 this can be due to 2
  reasons... the file was added after the baseline was created or the
file
  was deleted before the baseline was created
  3. Rest are files that were either modified or deleted after the
baseline
  was created

  Q) now how can I distinguish between added/ deleted files in 2)
  	One way could be that I look at the logs for these files and see
  which one of them are in dead state... however this will not work for
  files that were added after the baseline and then deleted.

  Do let me know if you have any suggestions on this....

  I would prefer if people can help me complete the algo above...
  Else please feel free to talk about alternate means of achieving
this...

  Also.. I intend to extent this to also include the endTag also.. and
  therefore may use the command -r:Baseline1:Baseline2
  If you feel there will be additional considerations that I will have
  make for the same please let me know

  Thanks
  Aditya Gandhi